Many of you have asked what i’ve been up to, musically, in the past year. Well, I haven’t stopped writing and creating. I started working on a new project with my friend Blake Sennett last year soon after I relocated from Brooklyn to Los Angeles. That project is now known as Night Terrors of 1927 and I am really excited and proud of it. And if all goes as planned we should be releasing our first EP this Fall followed by a full length album early next year. The band has a new Facebook Page and a temporary website where you can hear a song and download another. And we have started playing shows. So go check it out. I hope you like it. See you soon as we will be playing a lot of shows in the future. And thank you for your continued support – Jarrod
Jarrod will be playing a very intimate NYC show on May 23 at the Rockwood Music Hall, previewing new songs and playing old favorites. Tickets are on sale now. This will be his only NYC are appearance for a while. The venue is small and sure to sell out so get your tickets now
An Evening With Jarrod Gorbel
Rockwood Music Hall
Jarrod will be playing a (somewhat) solo show at the Bootleg Theater in LA on Feb 3. It will be a night of Requests, Old Favorites, and New Material. To make requests, send your 5 songs to email@example.com with the subject line: Feb 3 REQUESTS. The 5-6 most requested songs will get picked.
Get your tickets to the show HERE
Jarrod will be headlining a few very special nights of music at the Bootleg Theater in Los Angeles in early 2012. Details Below.
February 3: Solo Show, Partially Seated. This will be an intimate evening with Jarrod playing requests, old favorites, songs from his solo releases, and new material. Special Guests Madi Diaz and Kelly Jones will open the show. 18+
March 2: Full Band. This will be Jarrod’s first full band show in Los Angeles. Special Guests to be announced. 18+.
Get your tickets now!
Jarrod will be supporting Dashboard Confessional on his solo acoustic tour later this month. Dates are below. All ticket info is on the SHOWS page.
Nov 17 Bottom Lounge Chicago, IL
Nov 18 Crofoot Ballroom Pontiac, Mi
Nov 19 Mr Small’s Theater Millvale, Pa
Nov 20 Paradise Boston, Ma
Tickets on sale now!
Jarrod will be playing a series of house shows along this upcoming tour. Three that are open to the public are listed below. If interested in attending, RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with:
1. your Name
2. Date/City you want to attend
3. phone number
4. How many tickets you would like to reserve
Those who are confirmed will receive the address closer to the show date. Tickets are $20. SPACE IS VERY LIMITED and on a first come first serve basis.
Oct 20 Wilmington, North Carolina Living Room Show
Oct 22 Jackson, Mississippi Living Room Show
Oct 27 Lubbock, Tx Living Room Show
Nov 8 Sacramento, Ca Living Room Show
The new video is up. Directed by Adam Neustadter. Check it out below.
The Keep A Breast Foundation and House of Blues are teaming up for the first ever Breast Cancer Prevention Tour during October’s National Breast Cancer Prevention Month. Jarrod will be joining Uh Huh Her for the second half of the tour. All Dates are below. Go to the SHOWS page for all ticket links. Get your tickets now!
Oct 21 Vinyl Atlanta, Ga
Oct 23 The Parish New Orleans, La
Oct 24 Fitzgeralds Houston, Tx
Oct 25 Antone’s Austin, Tx
Oct 26 Cambridge Room Dallas, Tx
Oct 28 Larimer Lounge Denver, Co
Oct 30 Urban Lounge Salt Lake City, Ca
Nov 1 House of Blues West Hollywood, Ca
Nov 2 Slim’s San Francisco, Ca
Nov 4 Crocodile Seattle, Wa
Nov 5 Venue Vancouver, BC
Nov 6 Wonder Ballroom Portland, Or
We just announced a whole bunch of shows, many of which are free and open to the public. Head over to the SHOWS page and see where Jarrod will be in the next few months and as always, stay tuned to this page, twitter ( @jarrodtht ) for all updates.
We’re are looking for hosts for Jarrod Gorbel Living Room Shows in the following markets on the following dates:
June 15- Salt Lake City, Ut @ 8pm
June 16-Salt Lake City, Ut or Boise, ID @ 8pm
June 20- Sacramento, Ca @ 8pm
June 23 – Flagstaff or Phoenix, Az@ 8pm
June 24 – Albuquerque, NM @ 8pm
June 26 – Tulsa, OK or Dallas, Tx
June 27- Birmingham, AL @ 8pm
Here’s how it works.
1. You have a house or loft space that can comfortably and safely host 20-40 people. A place with a big living room, finished basement or other climate controlled interior space would be ideal. There would need to be enough parking nearby and your neighbors should be cool. It would be a huge bummer if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your house. You should probably not do this if you live in a small apartment with a bunch of uptight neighbors, room mates or a cranky landlord.
2. The shows will not be open to the public and no tickets will be sold at the door. We will pre-sell a set number of tickets for each show on Jarrod’s website before the show. Be realistic on how many people your place can hold. We need to know how many tickets we can sell in advance. We’ve found that 20-40 people is what the average living room can hold. Ticket price will be $20.
3. We will provide you with a detailed list of everyone who will be coming to the show. The host won’t have to deal with any money and will only need to check people off the list as they arrive.
4. The host can have up to 5 additional free tickets for the show. If you have other friends who want to come to the show you can direct them to the link to buy tickets on-line.
5. You don’t need any sort of sound system. All you need is a chair for Jarrod to sit on.
6. Your home address will not be published on the web and will only be given to those people who purchase tickets.
7. The shows will not be promoted or advertised anywhere except Jarrod’s websites.
If you are interested, please follow these steps:
1. READ THIS
2. Email email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org with all of these things:
- a. your address.
- b. a few photos of your living room.
- c. which dates.
*** Make sure you put “Jarrod Gorbel Living Room Show” in the subject line to is makes it past our spam filter.
3. Sit tight and we’ll get back to as soon as possible if we can work your home into our schedule
After we have the dates and locations sorted out we will announce the dates and tickets will go on sale via www.jarrodgorbelmusic.com